Image Map

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Afternoon Tea: Scarlet Tea Room in Pasadena

I never went to a tea room before and I received a voucher to the Scarlet Tea room in Old Town Pasadena for my birthday. So my mom, sister, and I decided to try it. I documented some pictures on my sister's iPod so the photo qualities are mediocre.

The restaurant was very classy inside and I believe it is a Russian themed tea house since there were pictures of Russian mosques on the walls. The service was great and so was the food. I was a little worried the portions would be too small, not leaving me very full but I was more than full by the end. We went into a little side room, where some foreign 1950's-ish themed music was playing over the speakers. There was also a white grand piano in the main entry room but there was no pianist at the time.





Cute tea glass case with a mini buddha
Pretty flower chandelier
Dainty sugar cube container
Our voucher allowed us a 3-tea ceremony meal (at least I believe that's what it was called...3-course I honestly don't remember), for two people. You are able to choose 4 finger sandwiches and one pot of tea with and a scone (each so 8 sandwiches and 2 scones but the tea is shared). We ended up choosing the Fiji tea, a fruity one, which was quite nice but I'm a little picky with teas so I wished we would've stuck with a traditional jasmine or green.
 
Our tray
Bottom Left Clockwise: Walnut Pesto Chicken, Apple and Cream Cheese(?..some type of cheese), Sundried Tomatoes Puree with Mozzarella, Fig and Goat Cheese (my favorite!)


Orange Cranberry and Lavender White Chocolate Scones (this one tasted like a regular scone to me)
Strawberry preserve, lemon curd, and Scarlet cream (just regular homemade cream) for the scones
Ignore my chipped nail haha
Our meal also came with strawberry romanoff, which was very refreshing after the filling scones.
Since the 3-course tea ceremony is only meant for 2 people, my mom ordered the Lobster Cobb Sandwich (bacon, lobster cobb, avocado, tomato and a spring salad). I had a bite, it was delish!

They even gave us an advertising sticker. And yes, it's on my thigh.
This restaurant did automatically take 18% tips from the original price (which was $72 but luckily with the voucher it turned out to only be $32..whew) since we had a voucher. I really enjoyed the ambiance, service, and food the restaurant had to offer. Now I want to try many more tea rooms! 


5 comments :

  1. That tea room looks very nice! The pictures really aren't that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea ceremony! I love the interior of this restaurant. Simple, classy but elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cute! The food looks amazing, too. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adorable place! i wish we had things like this in my hometown :( nice blog! :)
    -jules
    www.myladybakes.com

    ReplyDelete