Image Map

Monday, December 24, 2012

Icing Brushes Review

I'll admit that I never owned a proper contouring brush or a powder brush. I had more of this tiny brush, which looks like like a jumbo-sized eyeshadow brush, which I used for bronzer and blush. The tool was a nuisance to use because it was a longer in shape and would move easily when I brushed it over my face. However, I could never get myself to invest in a Mac brush and I was too scared to splurge on Sigma brushes (because if I was going to buy from Sigma, it would be a ton at the same time, no way am I paying for shipping more than once).

When I walked into Icing, the accessories store owned by Claire's, my mom, who I was shopping with, gravitated toward these make-up brushes. I instantly told my mother that they were probably cheap and valueless. I went over to feel the brushes and to my pleasant surprise, the quality of the hairs were actually good. They retail for around $7 and the hairs are extremely soft and gentle. I purchased the Powder Brush and the Long Kabuki Brush. I use the former for my blush and bronzer (RIP wobbly brush) and occasionally use the kabuki one for the same products or powder (although I hardly use powder because I have extremely dry skin). All in all, I would definitely recommend these affordable yet good-quality tools to anyone that has an Icing nearby.

Icing Powder Brush
Icing Kabuki Brush
P.S. I apologize for the mediocre quality of the photos, I'm working with a Canon SD870, which is clearly not of professional photography level but it will have to do for now until I am able to upgrade.

No comments :

Post a Comment