Image Map

Friday, June 19, 2015

My Blog Got Plastic Surgery and a New Identity

I'm really sorry for disappearing off the face of the earth the past year or so. In addition to my empty chamber of blog post ideas, a lot of eventful things happened this year and my blog was sort of pushed aside/forgotten. Nonetheless, I'm back with an all new look and name! 

To be fair, I never really gave much effort into the design of my blog. It was always a template of which I customized only the color scheme and fonts. Creative, I know. But lately, I've been really trying to go for a more aesthetic design and although it's not perfect, I am content with what I have so far. I had to do a lot of Google searches and explore the world of CSS and HTML (what is this evil yet magical sorcery and why do people study this?!) to come up with what I have now. 

In addition, I also changed my blog name. I was never content with the vague "my endless imagination" and decided to play a little rhyme with "Em's Gems". I hope this doesn't come across as too self-absorbed, as if everything I own is a gem. I just wanted a catchy title and only so many things go together with my name. However, if you can think of something better, please comment below. I'd love to hear other people's ideas. My URL also changed to itsemsgems.blogspot.com. I cringe at the thought of those two grammar errors in my URL but what can you do. Sigh. 

Something else I've pondered is the direction I want my blog to go in. I generally like to keep things private because that's just who I am, but I do want to write less beauty/tv reviews and more personal/lifestyle posts. I personally love reading personal blog posts because it makes me feel closer to the blogger, even if I never met them. Plus, more personal blog posts might serve as a catharsis for my emotional self. What do you guys think? Yay or nay? 

I'm so glad to be back in the blogosphere and can't wait to write whatever rambling I can think of. For anybody who is reading my blog, I hope you enjoy it :). 

1 comment :

  1. So excited to see where you take this blog! I'd love to see some personal posts...I find them really interesting and I get to be so nosy so double win!

    thesarcasticwasian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete