Image Map

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Revlon Colorstay Foundation Review


I must admit I'm far too lazy to ever use foundation, and it is definitely one of the products I almost never wear. I find that hardly anything works well with my dry skin. Everything just ends up patchy and settles in fine lines, contributing to "cake face". But because my acne has gotten particularly bad recently and I have a lot of acne scars and red spots, I finally pushed myself to purchase the famous Revlon Colorstay foundation. I used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to buff it in. Though I was worried about the matte finish (I always prefer dewy foundations because of my dry skin), it didn't look as cakey or patchy as I expected. Instead, it blended rather seamlessly. The coverage is medium to heavy, which is good for covering my acne. However, it doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all. 
Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry Skin in 150 Buff
The only foundation I've ever really liked is the incredibly dewy Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, because it was light yet buildable and didn't patch up on me. Revlon Colorstay beats that because the tone is not as orangey as Fit Me and is more of a neutral tone, suiting all skin types. Its coverage is also significantly better than the Fit Me foundation and did a good job covering up my acne spots. I also have some really bad acne scars, which was covered well by this foundation.

The only bad thing about this foundation was the fact that it sometimes settled into my fine lines and dry patches. It definitely isn't a bad as other foundations I've tried and unless you take one of those zoom-in mirrors to your face, the settling is dismissive. The foundation in 150 Buff was also a little too light for me, but that's on me. 

All in all, this inexpensive foundation definitely lived up to its expectations and made me smile looking at my near flawless skin--a feeling I haven't felt in a long time.

No comments :

Post a Comment