Image Map

Saturday, May 31, 2014

May Favorites

*Drumroll please*. My first ever monthly 'favorites'! I do not know why it took me this long to actually compile a bunch of my favorite things of the month. I guess I felt that I did not discover anything new or important enough to share with the world. Luckily, I stumbled upon quite a few new and awesome things in the lovely month of May!

TV SHOW:
"The Office"

I'm really late on "The Office" train but every summer I choose a show to watch to pass time (more like waste time). "The Office" has always been a show I've wanted to watch and after watching a few episodes, I got hooked. My television addiction kicked in once again and I already flew through the first two seasons in just a few days. Every episode has me cracking up and the ingenuity of the writers never fail to impress me.

BEAUTY:
Maybelline's Falsies Big Eye Mascara
Photo courtesy here.
I picked up this mascara on a whim at Target and I do not regret it. It is now one of my favorite mascaras. It makes my lashes extremely long and holds my curl. I must concede that the lower lash wand doesn't seem to make that much of a difference and I don't really see the purpose of it but it is nevertheless a great mascara. I chose the waterproof version of this mascara and it doesn't smudge on my eyes at the end of the day. Yay.

*UPDATE*
I freaking love this mascara. I actually see more of an effect on my lower lashes now. It really does separate each individual lash and lengthens and volumizes like crazy. It holds my curl and I've never seen a greater effect from a mascara than this one. This has definitely cracked my top 5 mascaras. 


SNACK:
Green tea KitKats

Wait what? Say that again? Green tea kitkats? 

Though overpriced, green tea kitkats is basically what the name suggests. Kitkats with a green tea flavored chocolate coating. It has a stranger more powdery (?) texture than the normal kitkat. I absolutely adore this candy. Even if it does not seem that appealing to you, I highly recommend giving a chance to this interesting twist on the classic candy. I tend to find this in asian supermarkets; it can be quite pricey but this is something you have to try at least once in your life. 

What are your favorites of this month?

2 comments :

  1. You gotta love the office! Whe you get done with it, you should watch Parks and Recreation. It's made by the same people who made The Office. My mom and I have been binge watching it lately. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I like how you just picked one of everything! I saw the green tea kit kats but I didn't think it would be any good! Now I'm craving green tea ice creammm!

    Would love if you check out my blog
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete