Image Map

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Benefit Bad Gal Mascara Review


I recently purchased the travel-size version of Benefit's Bad Gal Lash mascara, which has been a well-known favorite since its release. So I decided to give it a go and the results were honestly not that great.

The brush is a big, "natural" (by that, I mean it's NOT rubber) brush, the norm for most mascaras. The first time I did get some mascara on my eyelid due to the size but I got used to it after that.

As for the formula and effect of the mascara, I'd say it was pretty mediocre my first time. It was very "natural" and didn't do much for my lashes at all (I'd say Maybelline Full N' Soft). Unless you have incredibly long lashes and want some extra "color" or a teensy bit more thickness, I'd say this would work wonders. But with my straight, short-ass lashes, it definitely did not work very well at all. I must say though that after using it a few more times, the results were quite better, if possible. I'd say they were lengthened, a little more voluminous and was kept curled.

So that's why my biggest complaint about this mascara is the smudging. Mascaras and eye products in general smudge on me very easily due to my oily eyelids and just the shape of my eye. This gave me raccoon eyes in 3 hours; I tested this by not wearing any other product but this. It was such a disappointment, similar to what happened with Physician's Formula Jumbo Organicwear Mascara (the black tube), which was PHENOMENAL but I sadly had to give it up. However, I think I may repurchase it again and use that mascara as a base and just coat it with a waterproof mascara to minimize smudging since I loved it so much.

All in all, my opinion on this product improved from my first impression and I'll probably try to put on a coat of waterproof mascara over this to prevent those unattractive raccoon eyes. Whether or not I'll repurchase this, not too sure since Covergirl LashBlast and Maybelline One by One are cheaper (even though the travel size was only $10) and I don't have to go through the hassle of using a waterproof mascara.

2 comments :

  1. I really want to try Benefit's They're Real if I'm going for a high-end mascara, but I should probably get a travel-sized one like you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the travel-size is also $10, debated between which one i should get. u should definitely get it and review it :)

      Delete