Image Map

Friday, April 19, 2013

Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Mascara Review

So I've tried the Revlon Photoready 3D Mascara in the non-waterproof and waterproof version and I decided to review the product as a whole. 





Pro: This mascara doesn't clump. Sort of. (I'll elaborate more on the con section). The waterproof one doesn't smudge on me (yay!). It lengthens and volumizes my lashes, making them look very lovely. It honestly does everything you expect a mascara to do. The wand consists of tiny, thin, flexible bristles that even curve to the top, for getting into the crevices of your lashes. I really like the shape of it since I don't get it on my top eyelid.
Con: The waterproof mascara removes like one; it's quite difficult to get off sometimes. The results aren't absolutely amazing but gets the job done and I ain't complaining, just don't expect some false lash effect. This does clump after a couple coats (it says on the packaging to not apply more than 2), which really sucks since I love layering coat after coat for my mascaras. The tips of the wand seems more of a nuisance rather than a convenience since that's where most of the mascara formula goops on (as you can see from the picture); hence, goops on my lashes. The results from the non-waterproof version is better.


Conclusion: This is a good mascara. Good, not great, at least for my lashes. I admit it keeps a curl well and the non-waterproof one works better than the waterproof version, which dries out my lashes like crazy! I may repurchase the NW one in the future but probably not the WP one, I'd recommend Covergirl's Lashblast Waterproof or Covergirl's new Clump Crush water-resistant mascara (review coming soon) instead.

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for the review! I'll be looking forward to yr review on Covergirl's mascaras!

    Btw, I've followed your blog. Hope you'll check mine out and follow me back too (:
    www.chermaineho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete