Image Map

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Fashion Role Models: A Series

With society being more obsessed about their looks than ever, celebrities have become thinner, tanner, and more beautiful than ever. Whether it's natural or from weekly injections, celebrities' appearances are equally as important as their skill due to this new shift of interest.

Although one should be comfortable in their own skin, I cannot help but look at certain women and feel absolutely deflated about my own appearance. I constantly wish to look like them but I know with their salary, they probably receive weekly facials, monthly hair cuts at the most expensive salons, daily sessions with a personal trainer, and other luxuries. As much as I idolize them, I know their appearances are far from achievable or practical for me. I learned to accept myself the way I am. 



But that still doesn't mean I can't admire them.

I've decided to start a "series" of blog posts consisting of women who I secretly wish I looked like/who are my fashion role models. I will compile pictures of a few of my favorite outfits from them to offer some sort of "inspiration" so to speak. I guarantee you will either hate these women or feel an incredible pang of jealousy after reading the posts.




**WARNING CHEESINESS AHEAD***
Regardless of my jealousy, I still know that everyone is unique and beautiful in their own way. Even you, yes you. You are beautiful inside and out no matter what anybody else says. Beauty is only skin deep.

Anyways, I hope you guys like the idea. I'm having trouble thinking of a name for the new series, possibly "Fashion Spotlight: *Insert Name*" or something more humorous? Any suggestions would be appreciated so just comment below :) 


No comments :

Post a Comment