Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"The Vampire Diaries: Into the Wild" Recap/Rant

It's been a while since I've written about one of my favorite TV shows, The Vampire Diaries. 


Now that Jeremy has completed his tattoo, the crew (Stefan, Damon, Elena, Rebecca, Shane, Bonnie, and Jeremy) embark on their journey to find the cure on some island. 

Boring Rebecca vs Elena tension throughout the whole episode and I was totally on Rebecca's side the whole time. I laughed when Rebecca said that everybody serves a purpose there except for Elena and goes on to say Damon has a nice butt ;). 

Meanwhile, Klaus is still trapped in Elena's house due to Bonnie's spell. Tyler visits to taunt him, which doesn't really work out because Klaus ends up biting Caroline, which nearly kills her. He refuses to save her (which I thought was a ploy because he definitely loves her). However, near death, Caroline convinces the angered Klaus to save her after saying that he is human because she knows he is capable of love since he loves her. *tear* In my opinion, the writers definitely did not help with the whole Klaroline progress in this episode, which was annoying. I think we've all been waiting for that to happen. I guess we will have to wait four seasons since it took that long for Damon and Elena to get together (even though they supposedly blame it on the sire bond). 

The fact that Shane is still alive is completely aggravating because honestly, nobody trusts this guy. It seems that only Damon has some common sense dealing with him. I mean, yeah yeah Bonnie wouldn't be able to control "expression" without him but let's face it, like Damon, I don't like her either. Of course, little goody-two-shoes Elena barely saves Shane from getting killed by Damon. The idiot that she is, she decides to release the untrustworthy Shane and of course, he disappears to capture Bonnie and Jeremy. It is also revealed that he came on the island to see the apparition of his late wife, who also happens to be a witch. Her ghost told him to revive Silas to resurrect his son and wife; thus, the reason for Shane's actions. Bonnie does a location spell to track Jeremy, who has been mysteriously captured. She ends up following a blaze of fire and ends up walking onto a trap by some unknown man and Shane along with Jeremy. 

At the end of the episode, it is revealed that everyone except for Stefan, Rebecca, and Elena (ooh...tension) are missing. The tombstone and Shane's belongings also disappeared (thanks to Elena). The final scene ends with Damon's neck being snapped by some unidentified man (he looks like a supernatural).

During the episode, Damon tells Elena that he does not want to be human again and does not want the cure (I predicted this). Elena seems shocked by the news (come on girl, really). Damon goes on to say that is not the problem, Stefan is. This conversation really annoyed me because it further crushed Delena fans' dreams of seeing the bad-ass vampire get the girl (even though she's superrrrr annoying). As stated before, Klaroline is going nowhere but backward and it's starting to really piss me off....

1 comment :

  1. I love the vampire diaries! Last night's episode was kind of intense! Some of what's happening kind of frustrates me though.. haha
    I also just wanted to let you know that I finally did the Liebster award. Thank you so much for nominating me, and sorry that it took me so long to do it!
    xx, Siri

    ReplyDelete